Spain’s The Crooked Step interviewed Dream Theatre guitarist John Petrucci on October 24, 2009, before a concert in Barcelona. The interview can be streamed below.
On November 18, Dream Theatre’s promotional video for “Wither” made its online debut. Footage for the video was shot during five different shows on the band’s recently completed European tour:
• Oct. 04 - Zenith - Paris, France
• Oct. 06 - Zenith - Lille, France
• Oct. 07 - Ahoy - Rotterdam, Netherlands
• Oct. 09 - Apollo - Manchester, UK
• Oct. 10 - Wembley - London, UK
The Wither EP was released via online retailers. The track listing is as follows:
01. Wither [Album Version] (5:25)
02. Wither [Piano Version] (5:07)
03. Wither [John Petrucci Vocal Demo] (5:24)
04. The Best of Times [Mike Portnoy Vocal Demo] (13:04)
Track 1 was taken from the album Black Clouds & Silver Linings, while tracks 2-4 were previously unreleased.
Black Clouds & Silver Linings, Dream Theatre’s tenth studio album, sold 40,000 copies in the U.S. in its first week of release, landing a position at No. 6 on the Billboard 200 chart. Dream Theatre’s last album, 2007’s Systematic Chaos, sold 36,000 opening units and entered the Billboard 200 at No. 19. In 2005, Octavarium launched with 27.000 copies and debuted at No. 36.
In addition to a standard-version CD, Black Clouds & Silver Lining was released as a vinyl LP as well as a three-disc, special edition CD that includes the full album and two bonus CDs: one of instrumental mixes of the album, another of six cover songs.