Saturday, August 28, 2010

Slash Honoured at Sunset Strip Music Festival

When the Sunset Strip Music Festival kicked off on Thursday, August 26, the first order of business was to pay homage to the 2010 SSMF honouree Slash. The event was held at the House of Blues with radio veteran Jim Ladd as host. Motörhead's Lemmy Kilmister, Mötley Crüe's Nikki Sixx, and Alice in Chains' Jerry Cantrell were among the personalities who spoke at the special event.

Whilst on stage, Slash remarked:

"Picking up the guitar for the first time in West Hollywood, then learning how to play in West Hollywood, starting a band in West Hollywood, and making it in West Hollywood. Getting a record deal at Geffen on Sunset which was the same place my dad used to work at when I was a kid. So I never left here. Everything in my life that is of any importance started in West Hollywood. And the Sunset Strip is like… such a part of me. So to be honored by the Sunset Strip is just a major, major thing for me." (Read More)

No comments: