Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Former/Current Members of Kamelot, Avantasia, and Masterplan Featured on Kaktus Project Debut

Sylvain Rouvière's brainchild band - Kaktus Project - has signed a deal with Metalodic Records. The band's debut album, Superstition, is said to be "based on the melodic metal music of Stratovarius, Edguy, sprinkled with Helloween." The album is set to be released before the end of 2010.

Rouvière commented on Kaktus Project, saying:

"I have now been wanting, for a very long time, to make and release a metal album featuring many different guest artists. Unfortunately, a lack of funding and experience made this project a long-lasting dream. In May 2008, however, I managed to finish building my home studio and finally kickstarted my dream project. I met Belette [David Rousseau] who liked my demos and decided to be a part of it. In July 2008, we recorded the drums for the first five tracks. His drums takes were very solid. It was a fantastic start to the project, very encouraging indeed. I gave me hope that I could actually achieve what I had set out to do. Today, over 20 musicians are involved in the making of that album. Not all of them are already known in the music business but they do all share the same passion for their music and an undeniable talent too."

The track listing for Superstition is as follows:

01. Alone in the Dark (3:44)
02. Farewell (4:55)
03. I'm Living My Death (4:45)
04. My Reality (4:30)
05. Possession (3:20)
06. Superstition (3:35)
07. Tonight (5:20)
08. My Tears (3:50)
09. Above the Flames (4:00)
10. Cold in the Night (3:25)
11. Dark Room (4:48)
12. The Sadness (4:08)
13. Resurection (4:20)
14. Future World (3:40)

Below is a list of the musicians involved in Kaktus Project:

Singers:

» Amanda Somerville (Avantasia)
» Mike Dimeo (Masterplan, Riot, The Lizards)
» Sylvain Rouviere
» Henning Basse (Metalium, Sons of Season )
» Oliver Hartmann (At Vance, Hartmann)
» Nico
» Severine (Krestenta)

Guitarists:

» Sylvain Rouviere
» Manu Livertout
» Patrick Manouguian
» Axel Bonneau
» Alesk (No Way, Chattahoochee)
» Vincent Morla (Larry Crockett Band, Taste of Hell)
» Charley Corbiaux (Heavenly)
» Olvier Lapauze (Heavenly)
* Didier Chesneau (Headline)

Bassists:

» Christophe Babin (Headline, Virus IV)
» Matthieu G. Plana (Heavenly)
» Fanfan (Cry Freedom Family)
» Igor Lalai

Keyboardists:

» Manu Martin (Patrick Rondat)
» Oliver Palotai (Kamelot, Sons of Season)

Drummers:

» David Rousseau (No Way. Sainte Ombre)
» Benoit Vedrenne (Edgar Allan)

To find out more, visit Kaktus Project's official MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/kaktusproject

No comments: